Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
TheKyoshi
Novice
Liked: never

Error: An unexpected network error occurred. Failed to write data to the file

Post by TheKyoshi »

Hello

Case #05401675

Been backing up this windows server and this week it is giving me this error

Error: An unexpected network error occurred. Failed to write data to the file [\\host.domain.com\Veeam Backups\Main Biocore\10.10.12.4\Main Biocore - 10.10.12.4D2022-04-21T175044_49AB.vib]. Failed to download disk 'E58047A2'. Reconnectable protocol device was closed. Failed to upload disk. Agent failed to process method {DataTransfer.SyncDisk}.

There are other jobs and they are all succeeding to backup to the Synology NAS.
Not sure what is going on, need some advise on trouble shooting. If you need more information please let me know.
I removed the host.domain part to not share the infomation on the forum.

Thank you
Natalia Lupacheva
Veteran
Liked: 302 times
Full Name: Natalia Lupacheva

Re: Error: An unexpected network error occurred. Failed to write data to the file

Post by Natalia Lupacheva »

Hi Philip,

Thank you for providing your case ID!
I see you've just opened the case, so let's wait for the results.
Also, were there any changes in your infrastructure when the error message appear? Do you face this error for one job only?

Thanks!
TheKyoshi
Novice

Re: Error: An unexpected network error occurred. Failed to write data to the file

Post by TheKyoshi »

I am facing this error for this job only. I am not sure what changed.
I have uploaded new logs
Thank you
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Post by PetrM »

Hello,

You can also have a look at Synology NAS system logs, looks like the error happens at the hardware level but this is just my assumption, let's wait for what support can find out.

Thanks!
TheKyoshi
Novice

Post by TheKyoshi »

I checked the synology logs, nothing out of the ordinary
hmm....
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Post by PetrM »

Hello,

It's always better to check, anyway let's wait for the results of troubleshooting from our support engineers.

Thanks!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Error: An unexpected network error occurred. Failed to write data to the file [\\host.domain.com\Veeam Backups\Main Biocore\10.10.12.4\Main Biocore - 10.10.12.4D2022-04-21T175044_49AB.vib]. Failed to download disk 'E58047A2'. Reconnectable protocol device was closed. Failed to upload disk. Agent failed to process method {DataTransfer.SyncDisk}.
Usually this could be related to permissions (the repository folder on your SMB must be accessible by the gateway/proxy or agent).
There are other jobs and they are all succeeding to backup to the Synology NAS.
Can you please clarify what job type had this error and what job finished successfully? What is set to act as a gateway server for the mentioned repository? Thanks!