Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
ValiantMartian
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times

[Veeam Agent] Failed to collect profile information for userProfileManagedObject

Post by ValiantMartian »

Surprised to not find a single search result for Veeam and the error message like below. Anyone seen this before? I'm backing up physical workstations.

Veeam B&R Console 11.0.1.1261 P20220302
Veeam Agent 5.03.4708

Failed to collect profile information for userProfileManagedObject. Local path: C:\Users\Johnny
Processing finished with warnings at 3/16/2022 9:08:01 PM
RomanK
Veeam Software
Liked: 164 times

Re: [Veeam Agent] Failed to collect profile information for userProfileManagedObject

Post by RomanK »

Hello ValiantMartian,

It could be related to the user profile data in the registry.

Please open a support case and provide case ID in this thread so we could collect all the additional details and investigate it accordingly.

Thanks
ValiantMartian
Enthusiast

Re: [Veeam Agent] Failed to collect profile information for userProfileManagedObject

Post by ValiantMartian » 1 person likes this post

Support case 05340863 opened.
Spex
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Stefan Holzwarth

Post by Spex »

Is there any solution to this? Excluding the folders doesn't help and we see this warning in several agent backup jobs.
RomanK
Veeam Software
Liked: 164 times

Post by RomanK »

Hi Spex

The aforementioned support case is still open. I would recommend opening a parallel support case.

Thanks.
AllDownHill
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: J Frederick

Post by AllDownHill »

I also have this problem.

In my case, I suspect there is information in the registry for {username} that is pointing to folders that no longer exist. My error stated : "Failed to collect profile information for userProfileManagedObject. Local path: C:\Users\{username}". That folder does not exist... as the users actual profile was in C:\Users\{username}.{domain}

I have deleted the profile of {username} (via RightClick on Start -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> User Profiles -> Settings) which deleted folder C:\Users\{username}.{domain} but still have the problem.
ValiantMartian
Enthusiast

Post by ValiantMartian »

In my case, I had to delete a reg key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList had an entry like "JohnDoe.old". Not sure if someone was trying to back something up manually or what, but once I deleted this, Veeam stopped complaining.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hello folks,

Thank you for sharing the workaround. We will review the issue and case details with RnD folks!