Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
roleit
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Role IT

File level backup and Exclude specific file

Post by roleit »

Hello,

I have a backup Job (Mode - Managed by Backup server) that is doing File level Backup of d:\folder1 and d:\folder2.

From time to time i am getting warnings information "Failed to backup [Path to the file]", for example c:\folder1\folder2\version234a\file1.zip

I have created support case - ID: #02217929, based on this case each time I am excluding files in this way. Under exclude masks i am adding "file1.zip". That works but i am afraid that I will unintentionally exlude another "file1.zip" file under another path (similar file name).

I was trying to add entire path to the excluded masks, this way - "c:\folder1\folder2\version234a\file1.zip" but it's not working.

We are using Veeam B&R 10.0.1.4854.
We cannot switch from file level backup to volume one.
Is there a way to exclude specific file , providing entire path to this file? :(
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: File level backup and Exclude specific file

Post by Dima P. »

Hello roleit,

Unfortunately now path exclusions are supported only for volume level backup mode. Here is detailed overview of include / exclude capabilities - Veeam Agent for Windows: How to Setup Exclusion and Inclusion Masks.

Is it possible to exclude the entire subfolder c:\folder1\folder2\version234a\? Thanks!