Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
Nick-P
Influencer
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Nick Popov

Veeam Agent For Windows Free Edition deployment via Veeam BR CE

Post by Nick-P »

I tried to deploy Veeam Agent for Windows from Veeam BR Community edition on a workstation to start the backup to Veeam BR CE repository.
That wasn't first deployment and I got en error message from one of the workstations: "12.02.2024 15:27:20 :: Unable to install backup agent: cannot connect to WS-name Error: Known agent WS-name1.local have the same bios uuid 03000200-0400-0500-0006-000700080009 but different connection point WS-name."
"WS-name" and "WS-name1.local" are the placeholders for 2 different workstations, and bios uuid is the real number from the message.
How to avoid the the error and correctly deploy VAW?

I opened the support case #07134085.
I post the problem here because the technical support for community editions goes its pace.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Veeam Agent For Windows Free Edition deployment via Veeam BR CE

Post by Mildur »

Hi Nick

Please see the solutions in this kb:
https://www.veeam.com/kb4205

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
Nick-P
Influencer

Post by Nick-P »

I've checked out the KB but described there is not my case. I was trying to deploy VAW on another workstation not a reinstalled one.
I'm suspecting that DHCP leases and DNS records are misleading Veeam BR CE while deploying VAW, though I don't see any wrong with DHCP leases and DNS records. Now I'm going to wait a couple of days to self-correct records of DHCP and DNS this two for workstations.
Nick-P
Influencer

Post by Nick-P »

I want to inform that after a couple of days and manual rescan workstation in Veaam BR (Inventory - Physical infrastructure - Manually Added) was successfully found and VAW deploy have been successfully done. And afterwards first backup was successfully done.