Official announcement from Amazon team: Announcing support for Veeam and Microsoft backup applications
Amazon is bringing Veeam tape support for Gateway VTL configuration in the new Gateway VTL release. Upcoming Veeam B&R v8 is supported; bonus - existing Veeam B&R v7 p4 is supported.
Once the VTL is deployed, and IP address or DNS name of the appliance added to the Discover Target Portal at iSCSI initiator, you must manually change the default Unknown Medium Changer to Sony - TSL-A500C Autoloader driver. Here is a short instruction how to manually swap existing drivers:
- Open Device Manager on your Windows server, and expand the Medium Changer devices tree.
- Right-click Unknown Medium Changer, and click Update Driver Software to open the Update Driver Software-unknown Medium Changer window.
- In the How do you want to search for driver software? section, click Browse my computer for driver software.
- Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- In the Select the device driver you want to install for this hardware section, click to uncheck the Show compatible hardware check box, click Sony in the Manufacturer list, click Sony - TSL-A500C Autoloader in the Model list, and then click Next.
- In the warning box that appears, click Yes. If the driver is successfully installed, close the Update drive software window.