Back up to Tape

Everything about backing up to tape

Back up to Tape

Veeam Logoby Dacuy » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:16 am

Hello
About Veeam Back up and Replication v7's Backup-to-tape (as oppposed to File-to-tape): does the Tape job stop if the Backup job it is linked to starts running again? I know that a back up to tape job will not run if the linked backup job is still running but consider a situation where: TapeJobA is linked to BackupJobA. BackupJobA isnt running, so TapeJobA starts ok and runs overnight fine. The following day, BackupJobA starts as per its schedule, but TapeJobA hasnt finished yet. Lets assume TapeJobA is only configured for Full backups, not incrementals.
This has happened to me but I am unsure if I am doing anything wrong or if this is just how Backup-To-Tape works. My workaround is using the File-To-Tape feature but I want to go back to using Backup-to-tape.
Dennis
Dacuy
Novice

Liked: never
Full Name: Dennis Uy

Re: Back up to Tape

Veeam Logoby v.Eremin » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:42 am

Hi, Dennis,

It depends on the backup mode used by "source" backup job. In case of forward incremental mode, the tape job should proceed without any issues. Meanwhile, in case of reversed incremental, it should be interrupted.

Thanks.
v.Eremin
Veeam Software

Liked: 971 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Veeam Logoby Dacuy » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:11 am

Thanks!
Dacuy
Novice

Liked: never
Full Name: Dennis Uy

Veeam Logoby v.Eremin » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:11 am

You're welcome. Feel free to ask, if any additional clarification is needed. Thanks.
v.Eremin
Veeam Software

Liked: 971 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Return to Tape