Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
derekmines
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Derek Mines

Backup Status = Waiting Tape

Post by derekmines »

So I have this error every time after a Bank Holiday but this is the first time I've had the support capacity to actually take a look at it.

My automated nightly backup doesn't occur because Monday's tape is not in the autoloader. So the job pauses, with a status of "Waiting Tape"
This morning I come in and insert the Monday night tape into the autoloader (having first removed last Friday's week-end tapes)

Veeam doesn't appear to recognise that the Monday tape is now inserted, instead still reporting that the inserted tape is one of the Friday week-end media.

Nothing I do seems to get Veeam to understand that the correct tape is inserted and it can now carry on with the job.

Any thoughts?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Backup Status = Waiting Tape

Post by Dima P. »

Hello derekmines,

Is it possible to perform inventory on the inserted tape? Thanks!
derekmines
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Derek Mines

Post by derekmines »

It is not possible to perform inventory. I get an error message saying "tape drive in use"
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Understood. If i remember correctly tape job should perform tape inventory automatically when the tape media is inserted. Please raise a support case and let our support team investigate your application debug logs. Do not forget to share the case Id in this thread as a reference. Thank you!