we just switched to Veeam with our Backup. Now i'm a little confused how to make the best configuration for Backup to Tape.
Currently my disk Repository with about 40 VMs has a size of 3,3 TB. At our the inital configuration the job was configured for
Reverse Incrementals, but it looks like this is not the best configuration for backup to "disk to disk to tape" after reading some
I' would like to store 3 month (or longer) of data on tape so i configured 2 media pools.
The Tape Library has a size of 22 Tapes with 1.4 TB capacity
Media Pool 1: Full backup
- New Media Set for every Backup Session
Retention: Protect Data for 3 Month
- New Media Set every Saturday
Retention: Protect Data for 2 Weeks
Backup Job to Disk:
- Forever Forward Incremental with 28 Restore Points
- Secondary Destination: Tape Job
- Full Backup every Saturday to Media pool Full Backup
- Incremental Bacup to Media Pool Incremental Backup
Any tipps or optimization for this configuration?
Thanks in advance!