conradblack wrote:I've tested all this and it works exactly as you described.
I'm very much appreciate the help I believe that is all for now... Unless there's something additional that I realize down the road =P
The part they're not telling you, and the part you'll be back with down the road when you realize it, is that this method cannot handle also using the active full feature (or any function that creates a second .vbk in the reverse incremental chain) without also causing the tape job to try and put all of those .vbk's onto a single tape, each time the backup to tape job runs.
They say this is working as designed, but that they just haven't designed a way to put the most recent .vbk to tape automatically yet. So, we're left to manually copying out the .vbk to tape job as a file selection backup (yes, we have to do this in production each morning whenever multiple .vbk's show up in the chain) until the other .vbk's clear the chain or trying to get some unsupported scripting methods to work (no luck here yet). It is most painful, and with all the interest in putting the most recent .vbk to tape, very surprising that there is not a means to do it programmatically.
And what's also painful, is that this issue is being bragged about in the weekly digest as working well! Search the tape forum, it is riddled with this issue...