Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
nazimsm
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Nazim Muhammed

Case 04520183: : Changer alert: The library was unable to read the bar code on a cartridge

Post by nazimsm »

While taking the backup thru the barcode cartridge getting a warning message as changer alert: the library was unable to read the bar code on a cartridge. Since I started using the barcode cartridges backups are finishing with a warning. The HP MSL 2024 tape library is reading the bar code cartridges and doing the automatic inventory too..
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2879 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Case 04520183: : Changer alert: The library was unable to read the bar code on a cartridge

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
and welcome to the forums.

I just read through the case and I recommend to follow the support recommendations.
nazimsm wrote:please note that it may be possible that our backup admin may have used a non-bar code cartridge for the concerned backup.
please make sure that all your tapes have barcodes.
veeam support wrote:Based on that, I advised either unsloting all tapes without barcodes or manually print barcodes and label the needed tapes.
I can just repeat what support said :-)

I also recommend to answer support. I see that there are already automatic follow ups from our side.

Best regards,
Hannes
adam900331
Veteran
Liked: 22 times

[MERGED] File to Tape Job - uanble to read the bar code

Post by adam900331 »

Hy!

I have a test environment with Veeam B&R and HP 1x8 G2 AUTOLDR 5.20. The autoloader has 7 tape with barcode and 1 cleaning tape. I have a File to Tape job which backup the .vbk and .vib files. Last night got a warning message during the job running:

Changer alert: The library was unable to read the bar code on a cartridge..

What does it mean? All tape has barcode.

Thanks.
Natalia Lupacheva
Veteran
Liked: 302 times
Full Name: Natalia Lupacheva

Re: Case 04520183: : Changer alert: The library was unable to read the bar code on a cartridge

Post by Natalia Lupacheva »

Hello,

I have moved your post to the existing thread to keep similar errors together.
Please check the barcodes; if you're sure everything is ok with the barcodes, please open a Support case and share its ID.
You can also check post147260.html#p147260]this thread for possible solutions.

Thanks!