Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
sani
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: sani

catalog tape with new barcodes failes

Post by sani »

recently I used from some new HP tapes with new barcodes. But any task on these tape fails with the following error:
Loading tape ASY190 from slot 30to Drive 2(Server:BackupServer Library:Quantum Scalar i40-i80 170G, Drive ID: Tape1) Error: Failed to call RPC function 'LoadMedium': The operation completed successfully. DeviceIoControl(ChangerGetElementStatus) with sourceAddress='29', destAddress='1',symlink='\\.\changer0'.

I could not find any thing by searching. Have you any idea?

regards
Sani
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1408 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Re: catalog tape with new barcodes failes

Post by Andreas Neufert »

Can you please check in the Quantum Scalar management menue, if they can read the bar codes correctly?

I have a feedback from the same system (IBM OEM) from another case:

"Further investigation into the library via its management GUI and a Dump Trace file showed a 'ghost' tape drive device existing in its configuration.
The TS3100 did have the attention LED status lit on the front and via the web GUI showing library Ready but with a warning triangle.
A reset to factory defaults of the TS3100 cleared the ghost anomaly and attention LED status, and par for course full firmware updates of library and drives within."