- Do I have to use multiple media pools? What would be the advantages?
- How are media pools and media sets related?
- When should I use the "create new media set" switch?
- What are common use cases?
d.popov wrote:Thank you!
For the yearly archiving tapes :
- Set up a job that would create full backups of the important servers once a year (this could be done via scheduling or you could run this job manually once a year)
- Create a Media pool named Yearly Archive, and assign appropriate number of tapes
d.popov wrote: If, however, a backup set is started with a new tape, Veeam B&R will create a new media set for it.
if a tape from a different media pool is in the drive at the time when the backup starts?
does this mean "from free pool"? or "empty tape"?
foggy wrote:When the tape is full and there are other tapes available in the pool, data will be written to them until there are no available tapes in the pool. Then either the oldest tape in the pool will be overwritten or a new tape from the free poll selected (depending on the data protection settings).
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest