Copy To Tape Job - Changes in source backup file detcted

Everything about backing up to tape

Re: Copy To Tape Job - Changes in source backup file detcted

Veeam Logoby einhirn » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:58 am

Me too. *g*

I'm guessing it detects the newly created "VSB"-Files (Virtual Full Backup Map) as change in source files or something. I'm using "per VM backup file" and have my whole repository in that copy to tape job. Every time the backup cycle is cancelled it unloads the tapes. When scheduled "as new files appear", the job fails and is started again. When scheduled as "run after Job X" it keeps on running, but because of the retries with unloading 6 tape drives for each retry it is awfully slow - in the current job it only managed to get about 600Gbytes to 6 LTO4 Tapes in 8 hours... Source files are on a 12-Disk 3TB-NL-SAS RAID-10, so there should be enough throughput available. Tape drives are connected via a single 4Gbit FC link, but I'm far from saturating it, so I didn't think about adding more links yet.

I've logged a case as 01815809 - although I'm waiting to be told how to upload a 6Gbyte Log bundle...
einhirn
Influencer

Liked: 1 time

Re: Copy To Tape Job - Changes in source backup file detcted

Veeam Logoby einhirn » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:08 am

Just a follow up, my case was successfully closed - we activated incremental backups for VMware templates - that seems to do the trick at least as a workaround.
einhirn
Influencer

Liked: 1 time

Previous

Return to Tape