Failed to detect backup files to copy to tape

Everything about backing up to tape

Re: Failed to detect backup files to copy to tape

Veeam Logoby Shestakov » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:38 am

I`ve talked to R&D guys and it turned that having the feature we are talking about many users accidentally deleted their restore points and contacted support team to get them back.
In general the request seems sane, but how often do you need to delete the restore point manually?
Thanks!
Shestakov
Veeam Software

Liked: 396 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Veeam Logoby UT2015 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:30 am

I don't think that it is better to delete restore point files manually in file system. The risk to destroy something is higher. If the restore points could be deleted via GUI, Veeam could automatically warn the user if a chain gets destroyed e.g.

So with V9 it is not possible to get Veeam running again (without deleting files in the file system or without deleting all backups), if the disk is full one time?
UT2015
Expert

Liked: 1 time

Veeam Logoby Shestakov » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:13 am

UT2015 wrote:I don't think that it is better to delete restore point files manually in file system. The risk to destroy something is higher. If the restore points could be deleted via GUI, Veeam could automatically warn the user if a chain gets destroyed e.g.

Let`s count that as a feature request which is taken into account.
UT2015 wrote:So with V9 it is not possible to get Veeam running again (without deleting files in the file system or without deleting all backups), if the disk is full one time?

By get Veeam running again do you mean backup job? Datastore has to have space for snapshot creation, so if datastore is full backup job will not finish successfully. It`s recommended to use Veeam ONE for being notified of the low space.
Thanks!
Shestakov
Veeam Software

Liked: 396 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Previous

Return to Tape