Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
Anders
Enthusiast
Liked: 12 times
Full Name: Anders Lorensen

Feature request: Tape job warnings should be warnings/errors

Post by Anders »

Aparently, its a feature, that when your tape job fails to do what its suposed to do - copy backup files to a tape, it completes with Success. I'd like to see a new feature where you can disable Veeam telling a lie about the job status. A failed job you can not restore from should NEVER be shown as Success.
I suggest it is implemented as a checkmark in the options with the text "Let veeam lie about failing jobs, by marking them as success: Yes/no"

Puzzled? The following is a screenshot of a tape job that went bad. Veeam shows a warning inside the job log, but the job itself dont go into a warning state - so no email notifications are sent.

How many people have data on tapes they can not rely on, because of this?

This forum post is made, because Veeam support suggested to post a feature request about it here. Support case# 01896940

Yes, I'm frustrated. :x

/Anders
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Feature request: Tape job warnings should be warnings/er

Post by Shestakov »

Hi Anders,
That`s a bug which is going to be fixed in the next releases. Nobody wants misleading information so it`s better just to fix the behaviour to warn users if some backup didn`t get into the tape.
Thanks for the heads up!
zpocrnjic
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Zack Pocrnjic

Re: Feature request: Tape job warnings should be warnings/er

Post by zpocrnjic »

It is still ongoing issue with version 9.5. Very frustrating.