Feature Request - Tape Vault Tracker

Discussions specific to tape backups

Feature Request - Tape Vault Tracker

Veeam Logoby holden205 » Fri May 04, 2018 3:16 pm

I have a Tl4000 with 4 drives and 4 magazine library for a total of 48 slots minus one slot for cleaning tape and 3 for the I/O port. In many cases the export fails after tape ejecting because the I/O port is full. Who has time to stand by the tape library waiting to open the I/O port. I typically open the magazines to remove or insert tapes. Like CommVault, Veeam B&R needs the ability to mark a number of slots as virtual I/O ports so the UI will show current status of tapes needing to be physically removed and sent off site.

Additionally, It would be very helpful if VeeamOne could incorporate a Vault Tracker function which would keep track of tapes needing to be removed from the library and tapes needing to be returned from the off-site vault. A weekly Vault Tracker report would identify tapes that need to be sent off-site and those that can be returned for reuse.
holden205
Novice

Liked: never
Full Name: Jeff Holden

Re: Feature Request - Tape Vault Tracker

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Sun May 06, 2018 9:45 am

Hello Jeff,

mark a number of slots as virtual I/O ports

Thanks, good one!

A weekly Vault Tracker report would identify tapes that need to be sent off-site and those that can be returned for reuse.

Actually, there is a Tape Exportation report that provides inventory information on tapes exported from tape libraries. In your opinion, is it good enough or some information is missing?
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 570 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Return to Tape