pco
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Philippe Combes

Health check not following schedule?

Post by pco »

Hello,

I saw a behavior on backup job with these followings settings:
In backup job -> Storage -> Advanced settings -> tab Maintenance, I configured Perform backup files health check to run on Sunday, I configured File backup maintenance option Defrag and compact full backup file to run on Sunday.
But It is running on week days and it looks like it is not following the schedule configured. So that case, my backup jobs are stuck with health check and compact activities and the next job linked backup to tapes failed due to timeout waiting on backup job to finish.

I would like to know if I did something wrong or if there is a bug and the schedule defined is not followed.

Thank for you help.
Philippe
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Health check not following schedule?

Post by veremin »

Just a quick question - isn't a full backup scheduled on the same day by any chance? Thanks.
pco
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Philippe Combes

Post by pco »

Hello,

No, only schedule the maintenance on Sunday.
I understood that I need to have the job running also on same day which is for me not helpfull.
It could be very good to get a specific schedule not synchronized with a job so in that case, we could use time slot where nothing will be impacted by these activities due to the fact that depending on the size of backup files it can take long time to get it done so backup job still not finished and if there is other type of job such as backup to tapes it will be time outed.

Regards
Philippe
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

So, the job doesn't run on the said day at all. In this case I've to tell you that the experienced behaviour is expected, since health check mechanism is performed in the end of backup job session. Thanks.