- Posts: 660
- Liked: 3 times
- Joined: Nov 21, 2013 12:02 pm
- Full Name: Babak Seyedi nejad
want to know Is that possible reside that backup tape in tape drive and inventory data and restore them via Veeam Backup& replication or had to first install previous backup application (backupexec) and restore via that and then another get backup and write to tape drive ?
- Veeam Software
- Posts: 1164
- Liked: 117 times
- Joined: Aug 07, 2018 3:11 pm
- Full Name: Fedor Maslov
No, B&R does not provide compatibility with backups made by a 3-rd party software, so you will not be able to restore from these backups directly using any B&R version.
Thus, there are two options:
- Keep your 3rd-party backup solution for a time period following your retention policies while using B&R for new backups
- Make a re-backup, as you mentioned
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests