Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
StephanG
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Stephan G

How to dismiss warning: Tape backup was not created for 31.05.2020: there are no new restore points between 31.05.2020..

Post by StephanG »

Hi everyone,

i marked a month backup as free because it was already taken a day before that. Now i get this warning every time the backup starts
I have a GFS setup weekly every Saturday night. Monthly last Sunday.

How can i just dismiss this warning? I cannot go back in time and take the backup again so that it vanishes.

Best regards
Stephan
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: How to dismiss warning: Tape backup was not created for 31.05.2020: there are no new restore points between 31.05.20

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Stephan,

To make sure I got it right - the previously recorded tape contains the needed backup files but was marked as free manually?
StephanG
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Stephan G

Re: How to dismiss warning: Tape backup was not created for 31.05.2020: there are no new restore points between 31.05.20

Post by StephanG »

Well it is not needed.

I have set the monthly backup to last Sunday. But when i checked if it was run on 31.5 - there was no backup. So i started it manually.
Next day Veeam wanted to take the monthly backup anyway. I could not stop Veeam from doing so - so i let it take the monthly backup once again and after some time i marked the backup as free - as i do not need 2 monthly backups for the same month.
Now i get this warning which i can't get rid of.
Also happend last time i changed the GFS schedule - it then said i was missing the Year backup. I had to switch back to the previous setting.