Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
jcrivello
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Joe Crivello

Import & Export Functions Greyed Out on Quantum Superloader 3; Case # 03223552

Post by jcrivello »

Hello --

We acquired a new Quantum SuperLoader 3 autoloader and connected it to our VBR server. It seems to generally be working, but the Import/Export buttons are greyed out.

We installed the latest Windows Server 2016 driver for the Medium Changer from Quantum's website, and ensured that the autoloader has the latest v94.0 firmware installed.

Shouldn't Veeam detect the mailslot as an I/E slot and allow tapes to be imported/exported to/from it? We want non-technical users to interact with the mailslot basically on a daily basis, so this pretty severely breaks the functionality of the autoloader for us.

Joe
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Import & Export Functions Greyed Out on Quantum Superloader 3; Case # 03223552

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Joe.

Try to use generic windows drivers (remove the Quantum drivers from Windows and rescan the system - you should see Unknown Medium Changer driver installed). Once done in Veeam B&R go under Tape Library Properties and check the box Use native SCSI commands instead of Windows driver. Let us know how it goes!
mpdvl
Lurker

Re: Import & Export Functions Greyed Out on Quantum Superloader 3; Case # 03223552

Post by mpdvl »

I have the same issue CASE# 04049750. I tried already to remove the quantum driver and i see Unknown Medium Changer. I set the function Use native SCSI commands instead of Windows driver but it won´t help. It´s a QUANTUM IBM LTO-7 SAS.

The tapes could be loaded, and also inventory is possible, but it is not possible to export the tape.

Can you please help?
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Hello mpdvl,

Can you check if import/export slot is actually configured in your Quantum Superloader? Thanks!
mpdvl
Lurker

Post by mpdvl »

Hello Dima,

thank you very much for reply to my question.

What did you exactly mean? On the webinterface of my quantum superloader 3 l700 is no setting position to enable oder disable the mail slot. I can do "comands" and there it is possible to move a tape to the mail slot manually.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

This issue might be related to the way how Quatum device presents these slots to the backup software. Mind me asking if it's possible for you to raise a ticket with Quantum support folks? Cheers!