Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
Louharle
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Louis Harle

Media Pool Woes

Post by Louharle »

I have several media pools that when I select properties on them they indicate "tape library not found (id)". Once I click ok, I then go to the tapes tab and only a small subset of tapes that are in the pool are shown. Under tape library the appropriate library is listed. We have not replaced or done anything to this library to have impacted this. The media set in question still seems to work correctly... Thoughts?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Media Pool Woes

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Louis.

Open media pool properties and go to tapes step. Click manage and double check if tape media is listed update the assigned libraries? Thanks!
Louharle
Influencer

Post by Louharle »

In the normal view (not properties or manage) it lists 16 tapes, then if I go to properties | tapes it lists 8 tapes. Finally, if I go to properties | tapes | manage libraries is says there are 11 for a media count... Makes no sense.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Let's try to inventory your library to see the correct amount of tape media: right click your tape library and click Inventory Library to scan all the media loaded to your tape device.
Louharle
Influencer

Post by Louharle »

All the media in this particular media pool are currently offline; is that why it is giving that count? This media pool is for a quarterly backup.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

No, that should not be the reason. Whenever you select custom media pool it should display both online and offline media. May I ask you to open a support case and share the case ID with me? Thank you in advance.