Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
paruccone
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Alessandro Tiberti

Missing server within the console during restore

Post by paruccone »

Hi,

I reinstalled Veeam on a fresh machine and catalogued the tapes in my library: there are 5 LTO-4 tapes with less than 4GB of free spaces each meaning nearly 4TB of data.

when I go under Files->tape: I only see one of the machines that have been backed up which is of a small box with a 250GB hard drive (so it's clear that there's much more in the catalog). There is another machine showing (that I can see if I go on tape infr.->Libraries->Tandberg->Media->Online and click on restore files, Add) but if I try to expand the tree it's empty. That machine/IP doesn't exist anymore and I need to restore the files on another machine.

Am I missing something? Can you help me find the rest of my backup?

Using Veeam Backup and Replication community edition 9.0.0.1715

forgot to mention: no VMs involved, only files from physical machines with agents.

Thanks!
paruccone
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Alessandro Tiberti

Re: Missing server within the console during restore

Post by paruccone »

addendum:
after cataloging, only one of the tapes (the last one using only 0.3GB) goes into the imported pool, all the others show under "uncategorized".

Tried as well after upgrading to 9.5 update 4.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Missing server within the console during restore

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Alessandro,

Try to start the recovery via File level restore wizard, it should prompt you for the needed tape media (should show the tape names/barcodes after you select the content to be restored). Cheers!