Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
Penzi
Lurker
Liked: never

No tapes Quantum Scalar i40

Post by Penzi »

Hello everyone,

actually we try the Backup Software Veeam.
So far, it works fine and it’s a great tool. Unfortunantely we still have a problem with our tape drive. It’s a Quantum Scalar i40. It’s connected to the physical Server with SAS.

Veeam detects the drive. We can do a copy job to the tape, too. But we don’t see our tapes. Veeam shows only one tape which we load into the drive directly.

I also tried to get a solution from Quantum or Veeam, but they couldn’t (or didn’t) want to help me.

The server is new, no Backup Exec or anything else. Maybe it’s only the wrong driver but I didn’t find any other working.

Hoping for help…
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: No tapes Quantum Scalar i40

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Penzi ,

Please make library's changer does not appear as "Unkown medium changer" under windows device manager. To avoid this - make sure you have the vendor drivers installed instead of the default ones.
Penzi
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by Penzi »

The tape library is shown in device manager as "Hewlett Packard LTO Ultrium-6 drive".

The driver is "Hewlett Packard, Date: 08.07.2013, Version 1.0.7.2"
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

That’s for the drive and what about Meduim Changer devices? Your library, if I am not mistaken, should contain one changer and some drives, right?