Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
krogerss
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

Re-run tape jobs

Post by krogerss »

Hi, I have a question regarding my tape jobs. Currently, my primary backup jobs are copied to tape and a new media set is created daily. There has been times in the past that I needed to run another tape job to one of the tapes that had already been used and media set closed out. I could simply mark the tape as free, run the needed job, and then re-run what I had removed by marking the tape as free. I am noticing now that if I re-run a job, it doesn't see any backup files that need copied to tape. It just says "No new files to backup per job settings." I haven't changed anything. Any ideas or am I imagining things? Is there an easy to assure that everything currently on disk has been copied to tape? Thanks.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Re-run tape jobs

Post by veremin »

You can search through backups -> tape node and check whether given backups are on tapes or not. Additionally, you can run "Tape Backup" Veeam ONE report. Thanks.
krogerss
Enthusiast

Post by krogerss »

Ok, I'll try that out. It just seems like the behavior has changed when running a tape job for a second time. Before, if a tape was erased it would automatically copy those deleted backup files back to tape when that job was ran again. Of course this is as long as the backup files are still on disk which is always the case in my scenario. Thanks.
lyapkost
Expert
Liked: 48 times
Full Name: Konstantin

Post by lyapkost »

Hi. Nothing's changed in this behavior. Also please check that 'Process latest full backup chain only' option is disabled in your job.
krogerss
Enthusiast

Post by krogerss »

I believe I figured this out. The tapes I marked as free had regular incremental files on it. I am using synthetic fulls with rollbacks and when I went to rerun the job it didn't detect any new files because they had been converted to rollbacks. Vrb doesn't get copied to tape to my knowledge. Thanks for your help.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

That's a correct assumption. Reversed increments get skipped from processing by backup to tape job. Thanks.