Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
Dr.Gerry
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Gerry Locke

Restore from tape

Post by Dr.Gerry »

I need to restore some files from a vbk that has been moved to tape. I have run the import to bring the vbk file back from the tape to the repository. I can see the vbk file in Windows Explorer, however, in Veeam, when I go to backups\disk\imported I can't see the restore points from that vbk. I have tried a rescan of the repository, but apart from that I am completely lost! What am I doing wrong?
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Restore from tape

Post by Mike Resseler »

Gerry,

What steps did you perform to restore the tape to the respository?
Did you tried to directly restore? (Restore directly to the infrastructure or Restore through the staging repository) or did you used Backup Restore from Tape to Repository?

Mike
Dr.Gerry
Enthusiast

Post by Dr.Gerry »

Hi Mike,

In the Backup and Infrastructure area I highlighted Tape in the upper left hand pane. I then clicked Restore\Tape\Restore Backups, clicked Add VM\From Backups, selected the backup that I needed and let the job run. At the end of it I could see the vbk file had been restored and was available on disk, in the same folder as all the other non-archived-to-tape-yet vbk and vbi files.

Gerry
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

Gerry,

From what I can see it looks like you did it right (or I might miss something) so please create a support call. Post the case ID and resolution after that here also. It might be something we are overlooking or there might be something wrong also. But only the logs will be able to give that information
Thanks
Mike
Dr.Gerry
Enthusiast

Post by Dr.Gerry »

OK.....will do. First I have to log a case. I have logged a number of them in the past, but now, when I enter my support ID I get a message telling me that 'only license and designated case administrators can open support cases....', so I guess it might be a little while before I can actually open the case..!
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

Gerry,

Who is owning the contract in your company? That will probably be your license and case administrator. If you are not certain, talk to your local Veeam representative so he/she can assist you with this

Thanks
Mike