Retried job is not backed up to tape

Everything about backing up to tape

Retried job is not backed up to tape

Veeam Logoby Keyser » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:14 pm

Hi

I have several jobs that does daily backup with an active full every friday. On sunday I start a Tape job that is configured to process all FULL backup's on my repository and tape them.
It works just fine except for one thing. I have a specific exchange server job (with 4 VM's), and once in a while it fails because one Guest experiences a VSS freeze problem in the first attempt. The exchange job is retried 10 minuttes after the first run and then it completes succesfully.

But when this Exchange Job failes on the first attempt and completes on a retry it does not get included in my tape job even though it is an active full.
My tape job just processes the Exchange job files and finds nothing to include to tape.

Is this a known issue, and is there a workaround?

-Keyser
Keyser
Enthusiast

Liked: 5 times

Re: Retried job is not backed up to tape

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:46 pm

Hello Keyser,
The backup to tape schedule is set to start at specific time or its triggered by ‘after this job’ option? Are you using the ‘ If some linked backup jobs are still running, wait for up to … minutes’ time out?
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 440 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Veeam Logoby Keyser » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:25 pm

It's set to start at a specific time. There are no running jobs when I test this, so there should be no locking issues
Keyser
Enthusiast

Liked: 5 times

Veeam Logoby v.Eremin » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:57 am

The described behaviour looks unexpected. Can you open a ticket with our support team and post case number here, so that I can ask QA team to take a closer look at it? Thanks.
v.Eremin
Veeam Software

Liked: 968 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Return to Tape