Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
pshute
Veteran
Liked: 14 times
Full Name: Peter Shute

Schedule a tape job to run once only?

Post by pshute »

I would like to run a special tape job tonight at 8pm and then never again. I can't see an option to do that without also scheduling it to run repeatedly. Is there a way to do it?

For now I've scheduled it as a monthly job, to run only in January. That will give me a year to remember to disable the job. Is this my only option?
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Re: Schedule a tape job to run once only?

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Hi Peter.

Under Advanced tab in your Tape Job you will find "Run the following script after the job" option. Use it on par with powershell script that calls Get-VBRTapeJob + New-VBRBackupToTapeScheduleOptions with -Enabled set to "False". That will disable schedule on that tape job after first run.

/Cheers!
pshute
Veteran
Liked: 14 times
Full Name: Peter Shute

Post by pshute »

Thanks. I think it'll be simpler to just run it manually or disable the schedule manually tomorrow. I don't do this often enough to spend time debugging a script.

Is there any change this ability can be added? It's probably related to the schedule exceptions request being discussed at tape-f29/tape-backup-schedule-exclusions-t17695.html
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Peter,

I've added your post to this improvement request but can provide any ETA at the moment. Cheers!