- Posts: 11
- Liked: 1 time
- Joined: Feb 24, 2017 8:07 am
We have come up with a simple backup strategy:
1. Make a full backup on Saturday to local storage.
2. Make incremental backups on workdays to local storage.
3. Copy Saturdays full backup to tape on Sunday.
4. Take out the tape on Monday and take it off site. And repeat.
That way we can have every weeks backup on tape stored elsewhere in case of emergency and we have everyday backups on local storages for fast access. We will store backups for up to 6 months, there's no point in keeping them older than that. And then re-use old tapes. All our backups fit on one tape, so it will be about 24 tapes.
The question is, how do we implement the part with taking out the tapes from storage? How does Veeam allow to take out the tapes, and how will it read them later if we put them back for restore? We do not use barcodes. I want to make it as simple as possible, so will one media pool be enough for that?
Thank you for expertise.
- Product Manager
- Posts: 16232
- Liked: 1325 times
- Joined: Oct 26, 2012 3:28 pm
- Full Name: Vladimir Eremin
- Select create new media set for every backup session option
- Set whatever protection period you want to
- Create a backup to tape job
- Set a weekly schedule for it (daily, on these days, Saturday)
- Enable export current media set upon job completion option
- Select Monday as export day
Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 5 guests