Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
RolandSchauerSTB
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Roland Schauer

Tandberg RDX Quikstation 8 physical disk eject

Post by RolandSchauerSTB »

Hi Veeam Forum,

we have a Tandberg RDX Quikstation 8 configured as Tape Library and connected to Veeam via iSCSI.
everything is really working fine, but disks don't eject physically after backup. it is just ejected from simulated tape drives and showing up in a slot (eject option is configured in Veeam Job).

is there any possibility to physically eject used drives after backup i.e. via Script?

Tandberg Firmware: 03.002.01.2
Veeam B&R Version: 12.0.0.1420

Case ID: 03097130

thanks in advance!
best regards
Roland
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1408 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Re: Tandberg RDX Quikstation 8 physical disk eject

Post by Andreas Neufert »

Yes, there is an eject tool from Tandberg that you can use together with a script.

You can as well check if the Export is honored by Tandberg.
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=120
In a regular tape library the media is placed then in the IO slot so that you can take it out of the library which is exactly what you try to do here. Again I am not sure if this works with the Quikstation but I would give it a try. The script works for sure, tandberg can give you the script.
RolandSchauerSTB
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Roland Schauer

Post by RolandSchauerSTB »

thanks for your reply.
I've raised a ticket at Tandberg as well and it is a bit embarassing for me but for anybody else:
just activate "export current media set upon job completion" and it works absolutely perfect.
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1408 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Post by Andreas Neufert »

To add on this you can even define in the job in which "vault" you are placing the media after export. If you have multiple places like bank faults ... CEO home... , basement room number 222 ... you can organize it that way.