Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
ejenner
Veteran
Liked: 100 times
Full Name: EJ

Tape Job frozen after first tape

Post by ejenner »

Just started a new tape job which is backing up multi-TB backup copy files.

After the first tape the backup job has frozen. It has been sitting on 17% for the last 5 hours. Like it hasn't written anything to the second tape.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Tape Job frozen after first tape

Post by Dima P. »

Hello EJ,

Please clarify Veeam B&R version you are using. Any chance you have a support case ID to share? Thanks in advance!
ejenner
Veteran
Liked: 100 times
Full Name: EJ

Post by ejenner »

It moved on by itself overnight. The job has been running for just over 24 hours now. Looks like it will spread across 4 or 5 tapes. Currently at 99%.

I think what's happening is that the percentage calculator isn't directly pegged to the data transfer amount. So even though it is writing to the tape it isn't increasing the percentage. I can't watch it all the time but I'm assuming it is jumping up in chunks. I suspect it may have finished writing data now at 99% but it could take some time for it to move to 100%.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Thanks! In case of multiple tapes being used in parallel progress bar might have some lags, if the issue persists please raise a support case and share the case ID with us. Cheers!