Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
CBlackmer
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Charlotte Blackmer

Tape job timed out and failed pending insertion of tape 2

Post by CBlackmer »

We just upgraded our old Veeam 7 environment to Veeam 8.0.0.2084 (Better late than never, I know.)

It went smoothly but over the weekend we ran into a small problem. I have a tape job that starts on Saturday night and goes to two tapes. On Monday I come in, put tape 2 in, and the job completes. I then re-inventory the tape for the second tape job that runs on Monday after the daily backups.

This weekend was a holiday weekend where I am, so I was not in on Monday to change the tape. I got email in the wee hours (3:17 am) on Monday morning saying a tape was required - this is new, but nice to know.
The bad news was that at 5:32 pm I got email saying the job had failed for lack of tape.

I can obviously work around this by changing the schedule for holiday weekends (I already reschedule the second job), but is there some way for me to change the time that the job is willing to wait for Tape 2?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Tape job timed out and failed pending insertion of tape

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Charlotte,
We just upgraded our old Veeam 7 environment to Veeam 8.0.0.2084
Next step should be v9.5 Update 1 :wink:
The bad news was that at 5:32 pm I got email saying the job had failed for lack of tape.
We had a waiting tape default set to 72 hours, but this could be different in v8 (honestly, can remember was that different or not). Try this regkey to adjust the value.