Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
ShawnKPERS
Enthusiast
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Shawn Nix

Tape Library Randomly Goes Offline

Post by ShawnKPERS »

We switched over to v7 in November and also moved our tape backups to v7 at the same time and never had to looked back! But since then every other week or so we have issues with out T50e tape library going offline in Veeam. Usually we either have to reboot the library or the Veeam server once or twice and things seem to be okay for a couple of weeks. I was hoping this issue would get patched over time but I am still seeing it even running the latest version 7.0.0.833. I setup the library using anther posters instruction http://forums.veeam.com/tape-f29/spectr ... 18924.html as he had a similar issue and had to run it in P7000 emulation mode. I have had it set to this mode for the partition since day one and still see a similar issue.

Today it was online at 5:30 am then at some point is was reported as offline, I came back later to finally trouble shoot the issue and it is now back online by 10 am. What logs can I look at to see if there is an error getting reported when this happens? Has anyone else ran into this especially with the T50e?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Tape Library Randomly Goes Offline

Post by foggy »

ShawnKPERS wrote:I was hoping this issue would get patched over time but I am still seeing it even running the latest version 7.0.0.833.
Shawn, please note that the latest version is 7.0.0.839.
ShawnKPERS wrote:Today it was online at 5:30 am then at some point is was reported as offline, I came back later to finally trouble shoot the issue and it is now back online by 10 am. What logs can I look at to see if there is an error getting reported when this happens? Has anyone else ran into this especially with the T50e?
I strongly recommend contacting support directly so that specially educated guys could review the logs for you.