Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
AirForce1
Novice
Liked: never

Tape mismatch imported/pool

Post by AirForce1 »

Hello,
I have some issue with tape backup (files). I will explane at my specific example:
I have tape library for 8 tapes and one set of tapes (number 1-8) was backaped successfully. I change tapes for next set of 8 tapes for another backup (number 9-16) but the process of recognazing tapes had some issue and one of next set of tapes wasnt recognized as expected. So one tape from new set was recognized as tape number 7 from previous set but on top of that (because of it was some error) the tape 7 was marked as retired.
So now I have successfully backuped tape but moved to retire pool. I caloged this tape again and library recognize this tape well but this tape is now as imported (because previous mismatch and issues)
My question is how can I move that tape back to my pool without loose data because I can move that tape back to my pool but Veeam say that it will be marked as free.
Regnor
VeeaMVP
Liked: 289 times
Full Name: Max

Re: Tape mismatch imported/pool

Post by Regnor » 1 person likes this post

I would refer you to this post in the Veeam Community. I haven't done it before, but Joe describes the process of how to move tapes with existing data very well.
https://community.veeam.com/blogs-and-p ... other-1660