Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
redhorse
Expert
Liked: 12 times
Full Name: RH

Tape Notification

Post by redhorse »

Hello,

we have configured the global notification settings to send a mail if a job has a warning or error state.

In addition we have configured a tape job to always send a notification even if the job is successful.

Now, we’d like to have a mail notification to a separate mail address if a tape is missing, I’m afraid that this is not possible as I can’t have more than one notification setting per job. Or is there any chance? If not, perhaps via Powershell?
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Tape Notification

Post by Mildur »

Hi RH

We only have two notifications levels. Global and on job level. Having a third option (granular notifications) for the missing tape is not possible.

But I can suggest a workaround. Send all mails to your mail server and use transport rules to forward mails with specific words in the subject to another mail address.
For example, you can filter "Waiting for Tape". If subject contains those words, forward the mail to the third recipient.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
redhorse
Expert
Liked: 12 times
Full Name: RH

Re: Tape Notification

Post by redhorse »

But I can suggest a workaround. Send all mails to your mail server and use transport rules to forward mails with specific words in the subject to another mail address.
For example, you can filter "Waiting for Tape". If subject contains those words, forward the mail to the third recipient.
Thanks, that's a good idea!