big problem here and hope i can get some help...
When the backup job called BackupJob (Forward incremental) is done, a backup to tape job called TapeJob is triggered and pull new increment created by BackupJob into tape.
1) The tape media is new and contains data since 1st of this month and last one was from yesterday, let's just say 10th this month.
2) VeeamONE warning: disk space of \\BackupServer\BackupJob repository is almost full
3) Order new hard disk takes time... therefore I have manually copied \\BackupServer1\BackupJob\*.* into \\BackupServer2\Backupjob\*.*
4) Setup a new repository as \\BackupServer2\
5) Configure BackupJob to use \\BackupServer2\ as storage
6) Today is 11th, BackupJob has just finished, TapeJob has also finished.
7) I go to Veeam UI -> Backup -> Disk, expand the tree, I see VM1 there, try to restore entire VM and see the restore points are normal, from 1st to 11th this month. Only difference is the repository location.
--------- Problem -----------
8 ) I go to Veeam UI -> Backup -> Tape, I see two hierarchy there??? The structure and RP is as follows.
8a) BackupJob on Tape: VM1 -> restore -> restore point: from 5th Jan this year to 10th this month (1 year...)
8b) BackupJob on Tape: VM1 -> restore -> restore point: from 1st this month to 11th this month
9) I go to tape infrastructure and view the property of tape media
-> down to ...
-> down to.
at 8b), why does Veeam UI care about the repository location of BackupJob, and then it generates a new restoration hierarchy for tape ???? Why can't just do it like Backup -> Disk approach? The tree is supposed to be use for restoration, the only concern is which tape should be called right? It is in a mess now...
Tape media contains all data from both old and new repository which is 99% duplicated.
After BackupServer1 has larger storage, I am thinking whether I should full erase the tape, copy everything from BackupServer2 into BackupServer1, swing back the repository of BackupJob back to BackupServer1 and then re-run , hope that TapeJob pulls back everything into tape, in one hireachy structure.
Then how about the Veeam console? I dont know the mechanism of how 8a) and 8b) is generated, but if I full erase the tape, will 8a) go away? Please no... if it is the case I have no way to restore older stuff from tape..
In this situation how can I tidy up the restore hireachy in Backup -> Tape and make it like VM restore points contains 5th Jan to 11th this month?