Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
edocom
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: edocom

TS3200 Veeam 7 Patch 4 No Media

Post by edocom »

Hi, i use Veeam 7 Patch 4 on a Windows 2012 R2 Server. I attached my Tapelibrary IBM TS 3200 over SAS.
I also installed the IBM Driver for Windows 2012 non_exclusive. I can se the Tapelibrary on my Device Manager under Tapedevice -> IBM Ultrium 5 HH 3580 Tape Drive. The same Device i see in Veeam / Backup Infrastructure, but i can not see the Tapes! Media is empty! So i cant backup on the Drives :( the same Tapelibrary i have used with Backup Exec 12 and the same Tapes, but on a 2008 r2 Server.

What can i do, any ideas? :) great THX!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2257 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: TS3200 Veeam 7 Patch 4 No Media

Post by veremin »

Are the tape mediums located inside the library empty or do they have data written to them? In the latter case, have you already checked the "Unrecognized" media pool? Thanks.
edocom
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: edocom

Post by edocom »

hi, i think i have found the issue, i must delete all my tapes and now i see it on veeam! :)
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2257 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Glad to hear that you've nailed it. Tapes that have data written to it by 3-party application are automatically placed in "Unrecognized" Media Pool. In order to use them you should erase them first or move to the free media pool. Thanks.