Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Veeam B&R v9.5 U4b (Confirmations) ...

Post by Dima P. »

Hello JTT,

From the case details I read that the issue was caused by hot fix installation problem, so thank you for the heads up and glad to hear that your issue is now resolved. Cheers!
Didi7
Veteran
Liked: 61 times

Post by Didi7 »

Hello,

the last upgrade of the remaining 5 VBR-servers running VBR 9.5 U4 to VBR 9.5 U4b went flawlessly as well. Those VBR-servers (HPE DL380 G9 with 32GB RAM, fast SAS-HDD B2D-repository and fully patched as well) have just a single tape drive (HPE LTO7) with forward forever incremental B2D-jobs and synthetic fulls with B2T-jobs.

All 19 VBR-servers are running VBR 9.5 U4b now.

Waiting for VBR v10 now :)

Regards,
Didi7
Using the most recent Veeam B&R in many different environments now and counting!
kmbelt
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Kevin Belt

Post by kmbelt »

So what was your fix? I have a MSL4048 with 2 x LTO6 drives. library is online, but tapes are offline. I have installed KB2983 also.
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Hi Kevin,

I'd suggest you reach out to our technical support engineers directly since it might be a different case - debug logs analysis should shed the light on it.

Thank you
Didi7
Veteran
Liked: 61 times

Post by Didi7 » 2 people like this post

Hi kmbelt,

well, actually I first had no problem with the upgrade from VBR v9.5 U4 to U4b, but after the upgrade suddenly Tape Error 1117 appeared and that was fixed with KB2983. That's it!

Good luck!

Regards,
Didi7
Using the most recent Veeam B&R in many different environments now and counting!
Regnor
VeeaMVP
Liked: 290 times
Full Name: Max

Post by Regnor »

What exactly causes the I/O errors or "Error 1117"?
Although most environments look similiar or have similar hardware, we've only seen this one in a few cases.

Also will v10 include the hotfix?
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Hi Max,

The root cause is related to the drive encryption and commands we send to prepare the drives for backup operations. The behavior is consistent across the same hardware.

Yes, v10 will include the hotfix - usually every new Veeam release includes all the private hotfixes and patches previously shared.

Thanks