We are in a similar spot: our company policies mandate creation and off-siting of daily tapes. Our outgoing ArcServe backup system that Veeam 9.0 is replacing has a "classic" G-F-S (monthlies, weeklies and dailies) rotation, with dailies being picked up by an Iron Mountain driver on a regular basis.
Since we are in no position to change this policy, we are forced by the current G-F-S scheduling (not trying to nit-pick, but it really is GrandGrandFather-GrandFather-Father-Son [GG-G-F-S] with four nested rotation loops) to go through unnecessary hoops, in order to accomplish creation of the daily tapes for off-siting. It uses the granularity of "every-week", while the "classic" G-F-S has a granularity of "every-day". With v9.0 G-F-S we can not easily create the daily tapes. I view this as a deficiency in design, and I only can hope that Veeam product team is going to consider the following changes/additions to the current v9 G-F-S scheduling via GUI to make it better:
1. Add dailies, allow them to be overwritten every one, two, three or four weeks. Allow them to be scheduled on any day of the week, or any combination of days of the week. Allow them to be either turned ON of OFF.
2. Add ON/OFF for the Quarterly schedule.
4. Add ON/OFF to the current Yearly schedule.
The archival schedule would look then like this:
1. DAILY Backup: (choose any one, or any combination of: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat) + (overwrite every 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 weeks) + (ON/OFF)
2. WEEKLY backup: no change
3. MONTHLY backup: no change
4. QUARTERLY backup: add (ON/OFF)
5. YEARLY backup: add (ON/OFF)
This will accomplish the following:
A. Allow for a GrandGrandFather-GrandFather-Father-Son-GrandSon (GG-G-F-S-GS) rotation
B. Allow for a selection of any of the following:
* G-F-S-GS, or
And it would be divine, simple and logical in my view.
Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions.