All instances of the storage metadata are corrupted

Backup agent for Linux servers and workstations on-premises or in the public cloud

Re: All instances of the storage metadata are corrupted

Veeam Logoby jgiacone » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:55 pm

Sorry for the belated response, other work duties pulled me away from this last week. Thanks for the replies. I switched the network connections, and I got the same results. The Ubuntu install that always fails, still failed with the same message, while the other one backed up without a problem. Since my last post, I have added more Windows and Linux (Ubuntu 16.04) machines to our backup. This machine in particular is still the only one that fails.

Thanks,
Joe
jgiacone
Novice

Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Joseph Giacone

Veeam Logoby PTide » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:54 pm

Apparently the problem is with the machine itself. Is it an option to install another distro on the problematic host and try to backup again?
PTide
Veeam Software

Liked: 236 times

Veeam Logoby jgiacone » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:52 pm 1 person likes this post

That is my suspicion as well. Yes, that is an option. However, it is not the preferred one. We are evaluating this as a potential replacement for our current physical backup product. I would rather track down the issue, then tell my other admins to rebuild a server that is working fine, just to get it to backup properly. That will be a hard sell. I will continue to work on this. If I find a solution, I will post it. Thanks all, for the advice.

-Joe
jgiacone
Novice

Veeam Logoby jgiacone » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:34 pm

Interesting note on this, two days ago, I changed the backup settings from "full machine" to "volumes" and just selected all of the volumes. It has backed up fine for 3 days now.
jgiacone
Novice

Veeam Logoby jgiacone » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:29 pm 1 person likes this post

An update to this: I ran into something odd, I ran updates last Friday, on this Ubuntu box, and the backups haven't failed since. I have a week's worth of successful backups. On PTide's advice, I had created two additional backup jobs on this machine, another full and another volume backup, so we could see log information from new jobs on. After the updates, these jobs, and the ones that had been failing all started running successfully. Here are the logs, maybe someone curious will be able to find a solution in them. At this time, I assume the updates fixed something that was broken, but I am not sure what it was. I keep this box updated, as I have been doing with all of our Ubuntu boxes that I am testing.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

Thanks everyone, for your suggestions.

Thanks again,
Joe
jgiacone
Novice

Previous

Return to Veeam Agent for Linux