An Important Use Case (IMO): Suse Linux 4 SAP HANA

Backup agent for Linux servers and workstations on-premises or in the public cloud

An Important Use Case (IMO): Suse Linux 4 SAP HANA

Veeam Logoby tinto1970 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:33 am 1 person likes this post

Hi all,

i'm really happy about a Veeam Product which can help little-mid sized companies with a new "problem" they will probably have in the close feauture.

In the company were i'm working we are going to switch to SAP HANA. Theorically, it's a Linux Suse machine you can virtualize.
In the real world, it's really a big issue to do that. SAP says it can run in a shared environment, but in the real world you should have a dedicated vSphere (or other) cluster only for SAP. For example, they have not still certified vSphere 6... :shock:

This is why we have choosen to run SAP HANA in a dedicated, supported server. This allows us to be free to decide which version of the hypervisor we want to use :lol: (thanks SAP!) but... we have worked since years in switching all of our backups from legacy solutions to Veeam... so we don't want to mantain a legacy bacup software and server and so on only to save HANA server.

I guess many companies in the future will see the same issue, so keep an eye on this use case, which is about a very critical and physical application.
Alessandro Tinivelli aka Tinto
@tinto1970
tinto1970
Enthusiast

Liked: 25 times
Full Name: Alessandro Tinivelli

Re: An Important Use Case (IMO): Suse Linux 4 SAP HANA

Veeam Logoby PTide » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:13 pm 1 person likes this post

Hi,

So, in other words you'd like to see an official SuSE support in future VAL releases, is that correct?

Thanks
PTide
Veeam Software

Liked: 273 times

Return to Veeam Agent for Linux