Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
marius roma
Veteran
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Mario

Beginner's questions

Post by marius roma »

Please consider that I am a Linux novice and forgive me for my very basic question.
I unstalled Ubuntu on a PC with 2 HDs.
I installed Ubuntu on the first HD (sda) and Veeam Agent for Linux.
I created a partition on sdb and a folder (backup) inside the particion.
I want to backup the entire volume (sda) on the second volume (sdb), but sdb is mounted as /media/<usename>/backup.
While creating the job configuration I cannot select /media/<usename>/backup as the target because it is inside the file system.
I presume it's a mounting issue, so, how should I mount sdb in order to use it as the target for my job?
Regards
marius
nitramd
Veteran
Liked: 85 times

Re: Beginner's questions

Post by nitramd »

Hello Marius.

It sounds like a permissions issue. You can follow this link to get a better understanding on Linux permissions: https://www.guru99.com/file-permissions.html
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: Beginner's questions

Post by PTide »

Hi!

Does it give you any message? I suspect that you're using GUI and it doesn't allow you to use local storage as a target, and that is by design.

If you want to use local HDD as a target, you should use CLI to create a job.

For example:

Code: Select all

veeamconfig repository create --name <repository_name> --location /media/<username>/backup
veeamconfig job create volumelevel --name <job_name> --reponame <repository_name> --objects /dev/sda
Replace <repository_name> and <job_name> with the names of your choice.

For more details please refer to the user guide.

Thanks!