Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
Jango76
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Dmitriy

Big backup file after adding volume to job

Post by Jango76 »

Hi all.
I`am testing Veeam Agent for Linux v1.0.0.944 FREE for backup Debian 8.6 "Jessie" server (kernel 3.16.0-4-amd64).
This is FS partition configuration of tested server:
Firstly, I created backup job for backup only MBR, /boot, /root & /var volumes. And created backup files was relatively small
(as You can see, there are not very much of file data on server).

But, recently I added to job /home volume, after that it seems that VA in next run backuped ALL FS blocks, not just data blocks...

/home is 53MB size. Why so much diffrence in size of backup files?
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: Big backup file after adding volume to job

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Please open a case with our support team and post your case ID in this thread.

Also I'd like to make sure that I got you right - you have a single sda disk that contains two partitions: sda1 (primary, /boot) and sda2 (extended) which contains sda5 (logical). sda5 is a physical volume that builds up the gate volume group that contains the following logical volumes: tmp, var, home, swap, root. Initially you've chosen sda1 (/boot), gate--vg-root (root), and gate--vg-var (var) volumes for backup and the backup size was around 1GB which is OK. After that you added gate--vg-home logical volume and the backup size increased drastically - from 1Gb to 100 Gb although the overall size of home volume is 20G. Is everything correct? The only thing I'm not sure I understand is why there is no dm-1 for swap LV symlink while dm-0 is in place? Please elaborate.

Thank you.
Jango76
Novice

Post by Jango76 »

PTide wrote:Hi,
Please open a case with our support team and post your case ID in this thread.
PTide wrote: If you use Veeam Agent for Linux with a paid license installed, you can submit a support case to the Veeam Support Team at http://www.veeam.com/support.html. If you use Veeam Agent for Linux FREE, please submit issues by creating a separate topic for each issue.
Can I open case with support team, if I use FREE version?

PTide wrote: Also I'd like to make sure that I got you right - you have a single sda disk that contains two partitions: sda1 (primary, /boot) and sda2 (extended) which contains sda5 (logical). sda5 is a physical volume that builds up the gate volume group that contains the following logical volumes: tmp, var, home, swap, root. Initially you've chosen sda1 (/boot), gate--vg-root (root), and gate--vg-var (var) volumes for backup and the backup size was around 1GB which is OK. After that you added gate--vg-home logical volume and the backup size increased drastically - from 1Gb to 100 Gb although the overall size of home volume is 20G. Is everything correct? The only thing I'm not sure I understand is why there is no dm-1 for swap LV symlink while dm-0 is in place? Please elaborate.

Thank you.
Yes, that`s correct. Here is symlinks for dm-`s:
Why df do not show dm-`s except dm-0, I don`t know.

Thank You.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Post by PTide » 1 person likes this post

Can I open case with support team, if I use FREE version?
Yes, in this case you should do so.

Thanks
Jango76
Novice

Post by Jango76 »

Opened ticket #02036645.