Can VAL run inside an LXC?

Backup agent for Linux servers and workstations on-premises or in the public cloud

Re: Can VAL run inside an LXC?

Veeam Logoby vmniels » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:00 am

From my initial test I ran into some issues with the current beta, however I haven't done extended testing as I used a standard openvz install. We would love to hear feedback from you if it works or not ;-)
VCP-DCV
Veeam Certified Engineer
http://foonet.be
vmniels
Veeam Software

Liked: 318 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Veeam Logoby futureweb » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:32 pm

Do you have some technical insights into how Veeam Agent for Linux hooks into dev/FS?
Then I will ask Virtuozzo Support if it is possible to use it in conjunction with their ploop EXT 4 thing ... ;-)
Thx
futureweb
Enthusiast

Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Patrick

Veeam Logoby futureweb » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:03 pm

ps) I just asked within Virtuozzo Boards about VZ+Veeam Agent ... http://forum.odin.com/threads/veeam-age ... ty.337948/ ... don't know - but maybe you could contribute some technical insights there?
Hope we end up with a working Veeam+Virtuozzo configuration ... :)

Andreas
futureweb
Enthusiast

Veeam Logoby PTide » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:25 pm

<...>don't know - but maybe you could contribute some technical insights there?
I don't think it's something that can be briefly described :) Besides, VAL is currently in a Beta phase so the snapshot driver is likely to be modified in future releases because beta testers report performance issues with certain configurations in other threads on this forum.

As it's been already said - VAL is not intended to backup containers, however we are well aware that our users are interested in such technology and we expect that later we will work out the way to meet the demand.

Thanks!
PTide
Veeam Software

Liked: 236 times

Veeam Logoby futureweb » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:38 am

PTide wrote:VAL is not intended to backup containers, however we are well aware that our users are interested in such technology and we expect that later we will work out the way to meet the demand.

alright - according to Pavel's (Odin Team) non-official statement Virtuozzo 7 (and maybe 6) CTs most likely could be backed up if KVM/libvirt support is added to VAL ... so I hope you will add this in future Release ... would add big value to VAL!!! :)
http://forum.odin.com/threads/veeam-agent-for-linux-vz6-ct-compatibility.337948/#post-794810
futureweb
Enthusiast

Previous

Return to Veeam Agent for Linux