Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
thenewguy
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

File level restore on a multiboot system

Post by thenewguy »

Hi,
I am testing file level restore using Linux agent on a machine with both Linux and Windows operating system. There are both Linux and Windows volumes and Agent is configured to do a full system backup. When I run file level restore from Veeam agent UI it successfully mounts one volume to /mnt/backup, but it seems that the volume is randomly either Linux volume or Windows volume. Same volume for the same restore point and different for different restore points.

So, how do I restore a specific file from a specific volume on a running Linux system (using UI, command line, etc.)?
thenewguy
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Re: File level restore on a multiboot system

Post by thenewguy »

I tried file level restore with Recovery Media and result is the same as with Agent file level restore - one volume is mounted and there is no apparent way to select another.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2877 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
and welcome to the forum.

The only workaround that comes up to my mind is that you switch to volume level backup instead of "entire system". Then you could choose the volumes manually for backup and if you have two jobs (one for Windows, one for Linux), you should be able to "select".

Best regards,
Hannes
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Post by PTide »

Hi,
When I run file level restore from Veeam agent UI it successfully mounts one volume to /mnt/backup, but it seems that the volume is randomly either Linux volume or Windows volume
Such inconsistency is clearly not an expected behaviour. Kindly contact our support team directly so they can confirm. Please post your case ID after you open a case.

Thanks!