Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
Provogeek
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Brent Schmidt

Getting the veeaminfo.sh script to work

Post by Provogeek »

Have worked multiple cases with Veeam support regarding the Linux Agent and each time they have asked me to run this veeaminfo.sh script. The script does not work and gives me output similar to the following:

Code: Select all

-bash-4.1# './veeaminfo.sh'

WARNING: GPT (GUID Partition Table) detected on '/dev/sdb'! The util fdisk doesn't support GPT. Use GNU Parted.

WARNING: GPT (GUID Partition Table) detected on '/dev/sdd'! The util fdisk doesn't support GPT. Use GNU Parted.

: command not founde 27:
mv: cannot stat `/var/log/veeam/veeaminfo.log': No such file or directory
Finished. Check /var/log/veeam/veeaminfo.<REMOVED>.20190402_125726.log.
-bash-4.1# './veeaminfo.sh'

WARNING: GPT (GUID Partition Table) detected on '/dev/sdb'! The util fdisk doesn't support GPT. Use GNU Parted.

WARNING: GPT (GUID Partition Table) detected on '/dev/sdd'! The util fdisk doesn't support GPT. Use GNU Parted.

: command not founde 27:
mv: cannot stat `/var/log/veeam/veeaminfo.log': No such file or directory
Finished. Check /var/log/veeam/veeaminfo.<REMOVED>.20190402_125757.log
The log file never gets created. Support engineers I work with don't acknowledge the script not working when I tell them. Does this script work for anyone else that has been asked to run it? If so, any tricks to get it to work and produce the log file support keeps asking for?
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Getting the veeaminfo.sh script to work

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
could you maybe share one or two case numbers for further investigation?

Thanks,
Hannes
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1181 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Post by nielsengelen »

Could you give some more info on you Linux distro and how they are actually build? As I got the script and I’ve ran it a few times without errors, it would be great if you could share this so we can improve it.
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Actually there is a built-in functionality to collect logs, so I am not sure why would support team ask to run another script. Did they say anything about the default log bundle being not sufficient? Overall, I'd like to know the cases' IDs too.

Thanks!