The list of known issues is being updated based on the feedback from beta testers, so please check back before reporting an issue.Features to test with this beta
• Entire computer, volume-level and file-level backup with support for multiple jobs
• Bare metal recovery, volume-level and file-level restores
• Proprietary snapshot driver (no reliance on LVM snapshots)
• Proprietary changed block tracking driver for incremental backupsFeatures NOT available in this beta
• Integration with Veeam Backup & Replication
• Restore to a smaller diskKnown Issues and Limitations
• BTRFS and ZFS file systems are not supported.
• Recovery Media will not boot in a Generation 2 Hyper-V VM.
• Only 64-bit Recovery Media is provided with this beta, so you will not be able to perform Bare Metal Recovery on 32-bit hardware. 32-bit Recovery Media will be provided with the next beta update Soon™
• In some scenarios, the resulting backup size may be larger than used space in the OS despite compression due to image-level backup picking up "dirty" file blocks belonging to the deleted files. This is normal behavior of a classic image-level backup, see Veeam BitLooker
blog post for more information.
• Backup job to NFS or SMB share may hang in case of network disconnect.
• Wrong characters are displayed in putty terminal. To fix the issue, run export NCURSES_NO_UTF8_ACS=1
command.How to Submit a New Issue
Please submit issues by creating a separate topic for each issue. Please do not post log snippets, instead include the link to full logs package from /var/logs/veeam
directory from the agent and /usr/share/Veeam/LPB
directory from the recovery media (use Dropbox, OneDrive etc. to share the log package with us).Getting StartedInstallationHow to backupHow to restoreCommand lineDownload
1. Go to http://www.veeam.com/beta/val
2. Logon to web-site with your Veeam credentials
3. Additional password for download is VALv1beta