license for Microsoft Windows and Veeam Agent for Linux

Backup agent for Linux servers and workstations on-premises or in the public cloud

license for Microsoft Windows and Veeam Agent for Linux

Veeam Logoby baber » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:51 am

Dear all
Hi

i have send mail to your sale team but no one answered me i have 2 questions :

1 - is there different license for Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows and Veeam Agent for Linux ? do i have to buy two different license ?

2 - what is your meand from 3 years ? after 3 years my license will be expire or my support will be expire?

Br
Babak
baber
Expert

Liked: never
Full Name: Babak Saedi nejad

Re: license for Microsoft Windows and Veeam Agent for Linux

Veeam Logoby vmniels » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:51 am

1. They are different. You can buy the exact amount of licenses for the Veeam Agent for Windows & Linux.
2. After 3 years you will have to renew the license as well as support - or keep using free version with no support.
VCP-DCV
Veeam Certified Architect (VMCA)
http://foonet.be
vmniels
Veeam Software

Liked: 349 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Veeam Logoby PTide » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:54 am

Hi,

Could you also tell me when did you send the email and what web-form did you use for that please?

BTW, licenses can be merged into a single file for your convenience, you just have to contact your sales person.

Thank you
PTide
Veeam Software

Liked: 262 times

Veeam Logoby baber » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:59 pm

i have sent an email 4 january 2017 with title of buy license from email adress : bab.sdn@gmail.com to sales team with email adress : sales@veeam.com

1- now i did not understand that after 3 years if don't renew that license will be expire and can not get backup from physical windows or linux server ? or just my support will be expire?

2- i have more than 200 physical windows server do i have to buy 200 license ??? 200*365$ ????????????????????????

BR
baber
Expert

Liked: never
Full Name: Babak Saedi nejad

Veeam Logoby jmmarton » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:08 am

The agents are currently licensed with a subscription model only (at least in North America). As such, if the subscription expires and is not renewed, the product can not be used at all.

If you have 200 physical servers, then yes you would need 200 agent subscriptions (licenses). For specific pricing it's best to discuss either with Veeam sales or your preferred Veeam reseller.

Joe
jmmarton
Veeam Software

Liked: 95 times
Full Name: Joe Marton

Veeam Logoby PTide » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:55 am

i have sent an email 4 january 2017 with title of buy license from email adress : bab.sdn@gmail.com to sales team with email adress : sales@veeam.com
I assume that you used this form, is that correct? I'll contact sales team and let them know that you've never been responded and they need to contact you as soon as possible. Sorry for inconvenience.

i have more than 200 physical windows server do i have to buy 200 license ??? 200*365$ ????????????????????????
I'm not sure where did you get that price from, please check this page - 1 year is 251 USD per server, or 3 years is 601 USD per server, however your mileage may vary depending on the amount of licenses that you pruchase. Kindly follow the abovementioned link and find a reseller for your region.

Thank you
PTide
Veeam Software

Liked: 262 times

Return to Veeam Agent for Linux