Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
ober72
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 136 times
Full Name: Geoff Burke

livecd linux agent volume restore

Post by ober72 »

Volume restore from different livecd

Long story short, I had to use a livecd to create software raid, then the lvm partitions on a new machine as I believe that the veeam recovery media still does not have mdadm or lvm2 available. I then installed the linux agent, I added the vbr server but when I list backups there is nothing there. The backup was imported into the repository so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. If I boot from the veeam recovery media and connect to the vbr server it sees the imported backup. So is this a limitation in the agent by any chance or am I doing something dumb :)

Also it does not seem quite clear to me if you can even do a volume level restore from the command line if not using the veeam recovery media.

cheers
Geoff Burke
Veeam Certified Architect
Geoff Burke
VMCA2022, VMCE2023, CKA, CKAD
Veeam Vanguard, Veeam Legend
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: livecd linux agent volume restore

Post by PTide »

Hi,

For LiveCD: there should be a "Show all" hot-key button when you choose a backup, have you tried pressing it?
Also it does not seem quite clear to me if you can even do a volume level restore from the command line if not using the veeam recovery media.
Yes, it is possible for volumes other than root. Use veeamconfig backup restore command, for details you can refer to veeamconfig man page: man veeamconfig or this User Guide page

Thanks