Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
krzynio
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Krzysztof

Mount error (5)

Post by krzynio »

I am trying to configure veeam backup using "veeamconfig ui" on Debian testing. Destination is on SMB share on Zyxel NAS 326.
Veeam cannot connect. Error message is: Mount error (5). Input output error. ... Exit code 32 ... Unable to mount ...
In the syslog one can find information that is is security error. Veeam is trying to connect using SMB 2 or SMB 3 but Zyxel supports unsecure SMB 1.0
How to solve this problem?
How can I force SMB 1.0 protocol for Veeam?
Veeam v. 2.0.0.400
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: Mount error (5)

Post by PTide »

Hi and welcome to the community!

Veeam uses default system utils to connect to shares, so adding "client max protocol = nt1" in /etc/samba/smb.conf should help.

Thanks
Matthai
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Matthai

Post by Matthai »

I try to setup a backup to SMB server (on RaspberryPi), and I get mount error(5): Input/output error
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)
Exit code: [32]
Failed to execute script command mount
Unable mount device[//10.10.8.100/backup] to [/tmp/veeam/10.10.8.100backup].

However, in Nautilus, I can access this samba share by smb://10.10.8.100/backup/.

Any idea what is wrong?

P. S. Do you plan to add sftp support (network shares via ssh)? I think they are much easier and more secure than SMB and NFS...

BTW, .info email addresses are not allowed?? Why that would indicate possible spam?
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Post by PTide »

What is the verson of SMB used by Pi? What happens if you try to mount the same share via command line?

P. S. Do you plan to add sftp support (network shares via ssh)? I think they are much easier and more secure than SMB and NFS...
I think you meant SSHFS, not SFTP? We've received requests for sshfs before, but we do not have plans to implement that yet. Have you tried SSHFS to transfer large files already? How was the perfromance?

BTW, .info email addresses are not allowed?? Why that would indicate possible spam?
That question should be addressed to the forum admin directly, please use "contact us" button at the very bottom if this page.

Thanks!