Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
patrickwilson82
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Patrick Wilson

Re: Scripting

Post by patrickwilson82 »

That did the trick. Thank you!
ortoscale
Service Provider
Liked: 20 times
Full Name: Matjaž Antloga

[MERGED] E-mail reporting with new linux agent

Post by ortoscale »

New agent is performing great. However, it's still lacking an integrated e-mail report feature. Any roadmap for that?
I'm using some script , found on forum, that sends email with one line, but it would be great if veeam could prepare some official solution in the meantime.

Thanks, Matjaž
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Post by PTide »

Hi Matjaž,

Your request has been noted, thank you!
calle
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Carl-Oscar Bridholm

[MERGED] Mail settings for Veeam Linux client

Post by calle »

Hi,

I have used Veeam Free solutions for my own Windows machines for a while now and it works great. I started to install Veeam Free Linux client at some of my Debian 9 servers last week and go that works to. I only have one thing I want to configure and that is email settings for Linux. At my Windows machines have a settings tap and can configure email reports and choose if I want mail when success, fail or warning. For my Linux client I can´t find these settings and I have check the documentation and cant find anything about it. For now all my Debian machines send be a mail telling me that a backup job has started, check log file for more info, I don´t want a backup if the backup processes is completed with success state, only warnings or fail. Anyone know if this is possible to do maybe via some script? And how do I disable the mail "Backup job has been started." ?
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Re: Mail settings for Veeam Linux client

Post by DGrinev »

Hi Carl-Oscar and welcome to the community!

Please review existing topic containing the useful links with the scripts you're looking for. Thanks!
karun.keeriot
Lurker
Full Name: Karun Keeriot

Veeam Agent for Linux -Email Notification using script

Post by karun.keeriot »

Hi
i Have an RHEL 7.1 server which i am backing up using the veeam agent for Linux 2.0 agent.
I donot use Veeam Back and replication console.

How could i generate an email notification using scripts with my current infrastructure.
Would be gratful if someone could assist with the same.

Thanks and regards ,
Karun
PTide
Product Manager

Post by PTide »

Hi and welcome to the community!

Have you tried using some of the solutions provided in this thread by fellow forum users ? If you have already tried, and something does not work for you, please let us know at what point are you stuck.

Thanks
karun.keeriot
Lurker
Full Name: Karun Keeriot

Post by karun.keeriot »

Hi
I have found the below script on one of the forums..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
    # Script to run Veeam VAL backup and email job status

JOBNAME=Backup_to_LocalRepo
    SCRIPT_DIR=/etc/veeam/scripts
    LOG_DIR=/var/log/veeam/Backup/$JOBNAME
    JOB_INFO=`veeamconfig job info --name $JOBNAME`

#start backup job
    veeamconfig job start --name $JOBNAME 1> /etc/veeam/scripts/$JOBNAME.tmp 2> /etc/veeam/scripts/$JOBNAME.err

SESSION_ID=`grep ID $SCRIPT_DIR/$JOBNAME.tmp | awk  '{print $3}' | sed 's/\[//' | sed 's/\]//' | sed 's/\.//'`
    SESSION_LOG_DIR=`grep log $SCRIPT_DIR/$JOBNAME.tmp | awk  '{print $4}' | sed 's/\[//' | sed 's/\]//' | sed 's/\.//'`
    LOGFILE=$SESSION_LOG_DIR/Job.log
    SESSION_INFO=`veeamconfig session info --id $SESSION_ID | grep -v UUID`

# check if another job is running
    if [ -s $JOBNAME.err ]
    then
         ERROR_MSG=`grep Error $SCRIPT_DIR/$JOBNAME.err`
         echo "$ERROR_MSG" | mailx -s "VAL Job $JOBNAME Error" -r VeeamLinuxAgent@email.local  recipient@email.com
    fi

#check if job is running
    until [ -z `pgrep veeamjobman` ]
    do
        echo "job is running" > /dev/null
    done

#check and set the exit status of the job
    STATUS=`veeamconfig session info --id $SESSION_ID | grep State | awk  '{print $2}'`

if [ $STATUS = 'Warning' ]
    then
         WARN_MSG=`veeamconfig session log --id $SESSION_ID | grep warn | awk '{print $6,$7,$8,$9}'`
         echo -e "Job $JOBNAME Successful with following $STATUS:\n\n$WARN_MSG\n\nJOB INFO:\n$JOB_INFO" | mailx -s "VAL Job $JOBNAME $STATUS" -r VeeamLinuxAgent@email.local  recipient@email.com
    fi

if [ $STATUS = 'Failed' ]
    then
         echo -e "Job $JOBNAME $STATUS. See attached logfile for error details.\n\nJOB INFO:\n$JOB_INFO" | mailx -s "VAL Job $JOBNAME $STATUS" -a $LOGFILE -r VeeamLinuxAgent@email.local  recipient@email.com
    fi

if [ $STATUS = 'Success' ]
    then
         echo -e "Job $JOBNAME $STATUS.\n\nJOB INFO:\n$JOB_INFO" | mailx -s "VAL Job $JOBNAME $STATUS" -r VeeamLinuxAgent@labinf.local davide.depaoli@labinf.it
    fi

rm -f $SCRIPT_DIR/$JOBNAME.tmp $SCRIPT_DIR/$JOBNAME.err
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I need to know how i would run the following script as i am not familiar with scripting..
PTide
Product Manager

Post by PTide »

As provided in the description, the script will run backup and email job status. Basically you need to put the script into .sh file and place it into your crontab as described here. For more info on how to use cron on CentOS and other RHEL derivatives please refer to RedHat user guide.

Thanks
amgadsourial
Influencer
Full Name: Amgad Sourial

[MERGED] Veeam agent for Linux Email Alert

Post by amgadsourial »

Hi Guys,

I've working on the Linux script for email alerts + the template but can't get it to work. I'm using Fedora 25 server edition with the most Linux agent up-to-date version available.
I'm using Postfix as the email software with mailx. Both are configured properly and I can use mailx to send emails out with no issues.
The problem I have is that the email being sent after the job is sent as plain text with no info.
Bellow is part of the email i receive after the job:

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"> </head> <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF"> <div class="moz-forward-container"> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"> <table style="border-collapse: collapse;" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%" border="0"> <tbody> <td style="border:none; padding: 0px;font-family: Tahoma;font-size: 12px;"> <table style="border-collapse: collapse;" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%" border="0"> <tbody> <tr style="height:70px"> <td style="width: 80%;border: none;background-color: ;color: White;font-weight: bold;font-size: 16px;height: 70px;vertical-align: bottom;padding: 0 0 17px 15px;font-family: Tahoma;">Agent Backup job: Backup Job LOCALHOST.LOCALDOMAIN<div class="jobDescription" style="margin-top: 5px;font-size: 12px;"> Veeam Agent for Linux </div> </td> <td style="background-color: ;color: White;font-weight: bold;font-size: 16px;height: 70px;vertical-align: bottom;padding: 0 0 17px 15px;font-family: Tahoma;padding-bottom: 42px;"></td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" style="border: none; padding: 0px;font-family: Tahoma;font-size: 12px;"> <table class="inner" style="margin: 0px;border-collapse: collapse;" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%" border="0"> <tbody> <tr style="height: 17px;"> <td colspan="9" class="sessionDetails" style="border-style: solid; border-color:#a7a9ac; border-width: 1px 1px 0 1px;height: 35px;background-color: #f3f4f4;font-size: 16px;vertical-align: middle;padding: 5px 0 0 15px;color: #626365; font-family: Tahoma;"><span>Friday, 22 June 2018 06:10:01</span></td> </tr> <tr style="height: 17px;"> <td style="width: 1%;padding: 2px 3px 2px 3px;vertical-align: top;border: 1px solid #a7a9ac;font-family: Tahoma;font-size: 12px;" nowrap="nowrap"><b>Success</b></td>
<td style="width:75px;padding: 2px 3px 2px 3px;vertical-align: top;border: 1px solid #a7a9ac;font-family: Tahoma;font-size: 12px;" nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td style="width:75px;padding: 2px 3px 2px 3px;vertical-align: top;border: 1px solid #a7a9ac;font-family: Tahoma;font-size: 12px;" nowrap="nowrap"><b>Start time</b></td> <td style="width:75px;padding: 2px 3px 2px 3px;vertical-align: top;border: 1px solid #a7a9ac;font-family: Tahoma;font-size: 12px;" nowrap="nowrap">06:10:01</td> <td style="width:75px;padding: 2px 3px 2px 3px;vertical-align: top;border: 1px solid #a7a9ac;font-family: Tahoma;font-size: 
Here is the script if anyone can help, that would be much appreciated.

#!/bin/sh
#!/bin/bash
#!/usr/bin/env bash

# version 0.4.2

# Variables
JOBNAME="Test Mail"
EMAILTO=""
EMAILFROM=""
HTML_TEMPLATE="/usr/local/sbin/veeam_mail_template.html"

SCRIPT_PATH=$( cd "$( dirname "${BASH_SOURCE[0]}" )" && pwd )

# Filename of log file generated by this script.
LOGFILE="post-script_log.txt"

touch "$SCRIPT_PATH/test.txt"

# Functions
Write_Log() {
LOGPATH="$SCRIPT_PATH/$LOGFILE"

if [[ ! -e $LOGPATH ]]; then
touch $LOGPATH
fi

NOW=$(date +"%y-%m-%d %T")

echo -e $NOW : $1 >> $LOGPATH
}

# Main
SCRIPTPATH=$(cd `dirname $0` && pwd)

if [ "$1" == "--bg" ]; then
Write_Log "WAITING - Script at path, $SCRIPTPATH should execute in the background."
 sleep 30
fi

VC=$(which veeamconfig)
if [ ! "$VC" ]; then
Write_Log "WARNING - No Veeam Agent for Linux installed. Exiting script."
exit
fi

SQLITE=$(which sqlite3)
if [ "$SQLITE" != "/usr/bin/sqlite3" ]; then
        Write_Log "INFO - SQLite was not found. Installing."
dnf install -y sqlite3
fi

BC=$(which bc)
if [ "$BC" != "/usr/bin/bc" ]; then
        Write_Log "INFO - Arbitrary Precision Calculator Language not found. Installing."
dnf install -y bc
fi

Write_Log "INFO - Assigning reference to agent instance."
AGENT=$($VC -v)

# get last session id
Write_Log "INFO - Getting the session id of the last job."
SESSID=$($VC session list|grep -v "Total amount:"|tail -1|awk '{print $4}')

Write_Log "DEBUG - Session id = $SESSID"

Write_Log "DEBUG - Parsing / Formatting session id"
SESSID=${SESSID:1:${#SESSID}-2}

Write_Log "DEBUG - Parsed / Formatted session id = $SESSID"

# state 1=Running, 6=Success, 7=Failed, 9=Warning
# get data from sqlite db
Write_Log "INFO - Getting data from SQLite."
SESSDATA=$(sqlite3 /var/lib/veeam/veeam_db.sqlite  "select start_time, end_time, state, progress_details from JobSessions order by start_time DESC limit 1;")

STARTTIME=$(echo $SESSDATA|awk -F'|' '{print $1}')
Write_Log "DEBUG - STARTTIME = $STARTTIME"
ENDTIME=$(echo $SESSDATA|awk -F'|' '{print $2}')
Write_Log "DEBUG - ENDTIME = $ENDTIME"

STATE=$(echo $SESSDATA|awk -F'|' '{print $3}')
Write_Log "DEBUG - STATE = $STATE"

DETAILS=$(echo $SESSDATA|awk -F'|' '{print $4}')

#if [ ! "$1" == "--bg" ]; then
#Write_Log "INFO - Script at path, $SCRIPTPATH is executing in the foreground. Preserving process..."
#nohup $SCRIPT_PATH/$0 --bg 1>/dev/null
#exit
#fi

Write_Log "INFO - Initializing job states / statuses."
if [ "$STATE" == "6" ]; then SUCCESS=1; BGCOLOR="#00B050"; STAT="Success"; else SUCCESS=0; fi
if [ "$STATE" == "7" ]; then ERROR=1; BGCOLOR="#fb9895"; STAT="Failed"; else ERROR=0; fi
if [ "$STATE" == "9" ]; then WARNING=1; BGCOLOR="#fbcb95"; STAT="Warning"; else WARNING=0; fi

Write_Log "INFO - Processing details from session data."
PROCESSED=$(echo $DETAILS|awk -F'processed_data_size_bytes="' '{print $2}'|awk -F'"' '{print $1}')
PROCESSED=$($BC <<< "scale=1; $PROCESSED/1024/1024/1024")" GB"
READ=$(echo $DETAILS|awk -F'read_data_size_bytes="' '{print $2}'|awk -F'"' '{print $1}')
READ=$($BC <<< "scale=1; $READ/1024/1024/1024")" GB"
TRANSFERRED=$(echo $DETAILS|awk -F'transferred_data_size_bytes="' '{print $2}'|awk -F'"' '{print $1}')
if [ $TRANSFERRED -gt 1073741824 ]; then
TRANSFERRED=$($BC <<< "scale=1; $TRANSFERRED/1024/1024/1024")" GB"
else
TRANSFERRED=$($BC <<< "scale=0; $TRANSFERRED/1024/1024")" MB"
fi
SPEED=$(echo $DETAILS|awk -F'processing_speed="' '{print $2}'|awk -F'"' '{print $1}')
SPEED=$($BC <<< "scale=1; $SPEED/1024/1024")
SOURCELOAD=$(echo $DETAILS|awk -F'source_read_load="' '{print $2}'|awk -F'"' '{print $1}')
SOURCEPLOAD=$(echo $DETAILS|awk -F'source_processing_load="' '{print $2}'|awk -F'"' '{print $1}')
NETLOAD=$(echo $DETAILS|awk -F'network_load="' '{print $2}'|awk -F'"' '{print $1}')
TARGETLOAD=$(echo $DETAILS|awk -F'target_write_load="' '{print $2}'|awk -F'"' '{print $1}')

if [ "$SOURCELOAD" -gt "$SOURCEPLOAD" ] && [ "$SOURCELOAD" -gt "$NETLOAD" ] && [ "$SOURCELOAD" -gt "$TARGETLOAD" ]; then
BOTTLENECK="Source"
fi
if [ "$SOURCEPLOAD" -gt "$SOURCELOAD" ] && [ "$SOURCEPLOAD" -gt "$NETLOAD" ] && [ "$SOURCEPLOAD" -gt "$TARGETLOAD" ]; then
BOTTLENECK="Source CPU"
fi
if [ "$NETLOAD" -gt "$SOURCELOAD" ] && [ "$NETLOAD" -gt "$SOURCEPLOAD" ] && [ "$NETLOAD" -gt "$TARGETLOAD" ]; then
BOTTLENECK="Network"
fi
if [ "$TARGETLOAD" -gt "$SOURCELOAD" ] && [ "$TARGETLOAD" -gt "$SOURCEPLOAD" ] && [ "$TARGETLOAD" -gt "$NETLOAD" ]; then
BOTTLENECK="Target"
fi

DURATION=$(date -d "0 $ENDTIME sec - $STARTTIME sec" +"%H:%M:%S")
START=$(date -d "@$STARTTIME" +"%A, %d %B %Y %H:%M:%S")
END=$(date -d "@$ENDTIME" +"%A, %d.%m.%Y %H:%M:%S")
STIME=$(date -d "@$STARTTIME" +"%H:%M:%S")
ETIME=$(date -d "@$ENDTIME" +"%H:%M:%S")

# get session error
Write_Log "INFO - Assigning reference to generated session errors."
ERRLOG=$($VC session log --id $SESSID|egrep 'error|warn'|sed ':a;N;$!ba;s/\n/<br>/g'|sed -e "s/ /\&nbsp;/g")
ERRLOG=$(printf "%q" $ERRLOG)

# create temp files for mail
Write_Log "INFO - Creating temporary file for email header."
HEADERFILE=$(mktemp /tmp/output.XXXXXXXXXX)

Write_Log "INFO - Creating temporary file for email message body."
TEMPFILE=$(mktemp /tmp/output.XXXXXXXXXX)

# uppercase hostname
Write_Log "INFO - Assigning reference to host name."
HN=${HOSTNAME^^}

# build email
Write_Log "INFO - Building email message."
#Write_Log "DEBUG - EMAILFROM = $EMAILFROM"
Write_Log "DEBUG - EMAILTO = $EMAILTO"
Write_Log "DEBUG - SUBJECT = [$STAT] $HN - $START" 

echo "From: $EMAILFROM\n
Subject: [$STAT] $HN - $START\n
Content-Type: text/html\n
MIME-Version: 1.0

" > $HEADERFILE

# debug output
MESSAGEBODY=$(echo -e -n "HN: $HN\nSTAT: $STAT\nBGCOLOR: $BGCOLOR\nSTART: $START\nSUCCESS: $SUCCESS\nERROR: $ERROR\nWARNING: $WARNING\nSTIME: $STIME\nETIME: $ETIME\nREAD: $READ\nTRANSFERRED: $TRANSFERRED\nDURATION: $DURATION\nPROCESSED: $PROCESSED\nBOTTLENECK: $BOTTLENECK\nERRLOG: $ERRLOG\nSPEED: $SPEED\n")

Write_Log "DEBUG - MESSAGEBODY =\n$MESSAGEBODY"

sed -e "s/XXXHOSTNAMEXXX/$HN/g" -e "s/XXXSTATXXX/$STAT/g" -e "s/XXXBGCOLORXXX/$BGCOLOR/g" -e "s/XXXBACKUPDATETIMEXXX/$START/g" -e "s/XXXSUCCESSXXX/$SUCCESS/g" -e "s/XXXERRORXXX/$ERROR/g" -e "s/XXXWARNINGXXX/$WARNING/g" -e "s/XXXSTARTXXX/$STIME/g" -e "s/XXXENDXXX/$ETIME/g" -e "s/XXXDATAREADXXX/$READ/g" -e "s/XXXREADXXX/$READ/g" -e "s/XXXTRANSFERREDXXX/$TRANSFERRED/g" -e "s/XXXDURATIONXXX/$DURATION/g" -e "s/XXXSTATUSXXX/$STAT/g" -e "s/XXXTOTALSIZEXXX/$PROCESSED/g" -e "s/XXXBOTTLENECKXXX/$BOTTLENECK/g" -e "s|XXXDETAILSXXX|$ERRLOG|g" -e "s/XXXRATEXXX/$SPEED MB\/s/g" -e "s/XXXBACKUPSIZEXXX/$TRANSFERRED/g" -e "s/XXXAGENTXXX/$AGENT/g" $HTML_TEMPLATE >> $TEMPFILE

# send email
Write_Log "INFO - Sending email."

cat $TEMPFILE | mailx -S "$(echo -e cat $HEADERFILE)" $EMAILTO

Write_Log "INFO - Deleting temporary files."
rm $HEADERFILE
rm $TEMPFILE

Write_Log "INFO - Exiting script."
exit
Thanks...
PTide
Product Manager

[MERGED] Re: Veeam agent for Linux Email Alert

Post by PTide »

Hi,
The problem I have is that the email being sent after the job is sent as plain text with no info.
It's not quite clear what kind of info the email is missing. Do you mean session statistics or something else? From the top of my head it might be related to - please try modifying your script is such way that $TEMPFILE is not deleted afterwards and check if the file actually contains any data in it. Also I'm curios if the #debug output part actually returns anything?

Thanks
amgadsourial
Influencer
Full Name: Amgad Sourial

[MERGED] Re: Veeam agent for Linux Email Alert

Post by amgadsourial »

Thanks...
I mean by the missing info "everything". The email is not sending the template including the session's info. it's sending just plan text as you've seen.

I'll modify the script to prevent deleting the $TEMPFILE and will let you know.

Thanks again for looking into this!
secureax
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time

[MERGED] Email Report

Post by secureax »

Hi,
It would be nice if this agent can send email notifications like in the Windows platform. Do consider that.
PTide
Product Manager

Post by PTide »

Hi,

You request has been noted, thank you for your feedback. Would you prefer the feature to utilize an existing mailing software (mutt, sendmail etc) or it would be fine if VAL utilized its own internal means to send reports?

Meanwhile please check the existing thread for possible workarounds.

Thank you
CatSpirent
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Caterine Kieffer

Post by CatSpirent »

With the new v2.0 that allows for active backups, does the below change make sense for weekly active full backup and the rest incremental?

if [ `date +%A` = "Friday" ]
then
veeamconfig job start --name $JOBNAME --activefull 1> /etc/veeam/scripts/$JOBNAME.tmp 2> /etc/veeam/scripts/$JOBNAME.err
else
veeamconfig job start --name $JOBNAME --retriable --scheduled --highpriority 1> /etc/veeam/scripts/$JOBNAME.tmp 2> /etc/veeam/scripts/$JOBNAME.err
fi
PTide
Product Manager

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Yes, it does. Another way of getting automation for active fulls would be to schedule the job to run on all weekdays but Friday and add another line in crontab that will trigger fulls on Fridays.

Thanks
halimzhz
Influencer
Full Name: Zainul Halim

[MERGED] Email Notification on Veeam Agent for Linux

Post by halimzhz »

Dear All,

I been tested the Veeam Agent on Windows and its work great and i receive full report mail notification without any issue, but i'm very frustrated when come to Linux Agent because i only receive:

Backup job has been started.
Session ID: [{9af42d7f-8fa7-4bdb-bb6f-e0013c62a001}].
Logs stored in: [/var/log/veeam/Backup/BackupJob1/Session_20200131_050002_{9af42d7f-8fa7-4bdb-bb6f-e0013c62a001}].

How can i make Veeam Agent on Linux will give full report as Veeam Agent for Windows ?

Please advice. TQ so much
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Email Notification on Veeam Agent for Linux

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Zainul,
Have you checked Veeam ONE reporting?
It has 4 dedicated agent-based reports that include both windows and linux agents.
Thanks
halimzhz
Influencer

Post by halimzhz »

Hi Shestakov

Thanks for reply, but this is what i'm looking:

https://blog.grufo.com/2017/09/26/veeam ... -versehen/

But the issue is, why it doesnt include on Linux, why we have to depend on third party scipts?

Thank you
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

I see your point. Let's wait for a reply of a person responsible for the Linux Agent.
I've just asked if you use Veeam ONE. Which is not a 3rd party script tool, but part of Veeam Availability Suite.
halimzhz
Influencer

Post by halimzhz »

Hi Shestakov,

Yes i beleive there must be a reason that only Veeam can give an answer

TQ
PTide
Product Manager

Post by PTide »

Hi @halimzhz,

So, basically you want to have built-in notification in standalone VAL (just like in VAW)?

P.S. You might want to check this script.

Thanks!
halimzhz
Influencer

Post by halimzhz »

Dear Ptide,

Thanks for answering, but i dont think that the answer i'm waiting for because now i'm depend on https://blog.grufo.com/2017/09/26/veeam ... -versehen/

The template just like VAW but why its doesnt implement on VAL as what Veeam did on VAW

That the question i'm waiting for and theres must be a good reason by Veeam Team
PTide
Product Manager

Post by PTide »

Ok, I count your inquiry as a feature request.

As for the reason why it is not implemented yet - the feature hasn't been highly demanded over the course of 4 years, other features and bugs had higher priority, plus it seems that post-job scripts work just fine.

Thanks!
rwilliams
Lurker

Post by rwilliams »

Any update on when the email feature will be added? How many counts are needed to make email a feature with the Linux standalone agent?
Cantello
Lurker

Re: Backup Notification Linux

Post by Cantello »

grufo wrote: Sep 27, 2017 7:11 am I tried to build a notification script which provides nearly the same information as the windows agent notification... Screenshots and download:
http://blog.grufo.com/2017/09/26/veeam- ... -versehen/
This is perfect and worked right out of the box with minimal configuration - thanks Manfred!
grufo
Novice
Full Name: Manfred

Post by grufo » 2 people like this post

I moved that Script to github and named it vee-mail:
https://github.com/grufocom/vee-mail
CatSpirent
Enthusiast

Post by CatSpirent »

I know this is an ancient topic but I thought maybe it is the best place to ask my question.
I had created my script and cron job some time ago and it has worked well, but lately for some reason the VEEAM cron job keeps getting uncommented and I am not sure how to figure out why.
PTide
Product Manager

Post by PTide »

Hi,

If you see that cron entrires created by veeam are getting uncommented, you should check whether or not your backup jobs have their scheduling enabled. For now VAL's scheduling mechanism relies on cron, therefore if you enable schedule the agent will add its cron entires in crontab.

Thanks!
CatSpirent
Enthusiast

Post by CatSpirent »

It was.
Never was a problem in the past and I didn't consider it an issue since I figured it only touched the cron file when making and saving changes to the config, but it does make sense so I unchecked it and will see how it goes.
Thanks.